Just a short post today to say Happy Father’s Day! Not that my dad will see this, since no one knows about this blog yet, but maybe eventually he will! Here’s a little Father’s Day meme I found yesterday:
1. How long since you have been with your dad? I last saw him in March (~3 months ago).
2. How many siblings share your dad? One, my younger sister.
3. Will you see your dad tomorrow? No, sadly. We live several states apart. I will see him in 2 weeks, though!
4. Do you give him gifts on Father’s Day? Sometimes. I always send a card, though (usually a funny one).
5. Have you ever had a tough time in your relationship with your father? Not really, my dad is usually a lot of fun, almost like a kid. My teenage years may have been the hardest, but certainly not bad since I’ve actually always liked to hang out with my parents. I do struggle a bit these days with trying to convince him to retire.
6. What was the last thing that you did with your dad? I visited him in Naples, where we had lots of good meals, walked around downtown, and went on a nice boat-ride.
7. Growing up, was your dad tough on you? Sometimes. He expected the best from me – no laziness, good grades, no lying or other bad behavior, etc. I don’t wish it was any different.
8. Are you close to your father? I’d say yes. I don’t call as often as I should, but I love him very much and we have a lot of fun together.
9. How long since you have spoke to him? About 45 min.